Band 6 Primary Care Mental Health Practitioner – Brighton & Hove
An opportunity has become available for a Band 6 Primary Care Mental Health Practitioner based in Brighton & Hove. The successful primary care practitioner will be a part of the Brighton & Hove Wellbeing Service, responsible for providing routine face to face assessments as determined by the service, support planning, including risk management and, signposting from an SPFT venue or GP Practice. As part of the role, you will based in the community and located primarily within SPFT venues or GP practices, liaising closely with GP’s, Secondary Mental Health Colleagues, the Mental Health Rapid Response Service and with other parts of the Brighton & Hove Wellbeing Service.
Our client is offering 37.5 hours weekly as a full time position, but will also consider part time work consisting of 22.5 hours, 3 days minimum.
This role is immediate start, post recruitment.
Primary Care Mental Health Practitioner essential skills:
- The ability to observe, assess and respond appropriately to patient needs
- Prepare and maintain patient records
- Implement care plans and risk assessments
- The ability to implement and share best practice of local policy across multi agency platforms
- The ability to build and maintain relationships with patients and their families
- To keep calm under pressure and when dealing with challenging or confrontational behaviour;
- Good organisation and problem-solving skills
- Effective team work skills with the ability to support and communicate appropriately between multiple agency platforms
Meditemp requires you to have:
- Minimum 6 months relevant experience as a CPN
- NMC registration
- Occupational Health in line with the dept. of health
- Eligibility to work within the UK
- Control and Restraint training (valid within last 12 months)
- Valid driver’s licence
Why choose Meditemp:
- Mandatory and PMVA training available
- Round the clock booking service
- National temporary and long-term vacancies
- Free uniform
- Referral scheme of up to £250
- Weekly payroll
Established since 2015 Meditemp have been specialising in mental health staffing nationwide within both the NHS and private sector.
For more information or to apply please contact Meditemp on 01233 632148 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Meditemp is acting as an employment agency on behalf of our client in relation to this vacancy.