Community Psychiatric Nurse – Canterbury
A position has become available for an experienced and caring mental health nurse working within the community in Canterbury, Kent. You will join an attentive team, providing care and assistance for people with mental health problems in and around Canterbury, providing assessment and treatment for service users with mental health needs.
Our client is looking for a registered band 6 community mental health nurse, offering full day shifts, Monday to Friday. This position is a 3 month placement with possible extension, requiring immediate start, post recruitment.
As a community psychiatric nurse working for Meditemp you will have a fantastic opportunity to work within an established company specialising in mental healthcare.
Community Psychiatric Nurse essential skills:
- The ability to observe, assess and respond appropriately to patient needs
- Prepare and maintain patient records
- Implement care plans and risk assessments
- Ensure the correct administration and monitoring of medication
- The ability to implement and share best practice of local policy across multi agency platforms
- The ability to build and maintain relationships with patients and their families
- To keep calm under pressure and when dealing with challenging or confrontational behaviour;
- Good organisation and problem-solving skills
- Effective team work skills with the ability to support and communicate appropriately between multiple agency platforms
Meditemp requires you to have:
- Minimum 6 months relevant experience as a CPN
- NMC registration
- Occupational Health in line with the dept. of health
- Eligibility to work within the UK
- Control and Restraint training (valid within last 12 months)
- Valid driver’s licence
Why choose Meditemp:
- Mandatory and PMVA training available
- Round the clock booking service
- National temporary and long-term vacancies
- Free uniform
- Referral scheme of up to £250
- Weekly payroll
Established since 2015 Meditemp have been specialising in mental health staffing nationwide within both the NHS and private sector.
For more information or to apply please contact Meditemp on 01233 632148 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Meditemp is acting as an employment agency on behalf of our client in relation to this vacancy.