Registered Mental Health Nurse – Goodmayes
An opportunity has become available for a caring and professional Registered Mental Health Nurse to work in an acute ward in Goodmayes, Essex. The ward specialises typically in early onset dementia patients, providing a mental health service to older men, usually aged 65 and over, although younger patients have been known to be admitted too. The service here also supports and offers treatment for several organic and functional mental health needs; functional being depression, anxiety or psychosis, organic being dementia or other conditions in relation to brain injuries.
The client is offering block bookings, flexible shift patterns throughout the week.
This job is immediate start, post recruitment.
Registered Mental Health Nurse essential skills:
- The ability to observe, assess and respond appropriately to patient needs
- Prepare and maintain patient records
- Implement evidence-based care plans and risk assessments
- Ensure the correct administration and monitoring of medication
- Comply with your professional code of conduct at all times
- The ability to build and maintain professional and therapeutic relationships with patients and their families
- To keep calm under pressure and when dealing with challenging or confrontational behaviour;
- Good organisation and problem-solving skills
- Manage and communicate sensitive information effectively
- Effective team work skills
Meditemp requires you to have:
- A minimum of 6 months recent experience as a hospital based registered mental health nurse
- NMC registration
- Occupational Health in line with the dept. of health
- Eligibility to work within the UK
- Physical Intervention training (valid within last 12 months)
Why choose Meditemp:
- Mandatory and PMVA training available
- Round the clock booking service
- National temporary and long-term vacancies
- Free uniform
- Referral scheme of up to £250
- Weekly payroll
Established since 2015 Meditemp have been specialising in mental health staffing nationwide within both the NHS and private sector.
For more information or to apply please contact Meditemp on 01233 632148 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Meditemp is acting as an employment agency on behalf of our client in relation to this vacancy.